Meet a Member | The Grace Hotel
Meet our newest member The Grace Hotel and enter the old world glamour of a heritage-listed hotel with Neo-Gothic architecture and Art Deco interiors.
What is The Grace Hotel?
The Grace Building was built by the Grace Brothers in the 1920s as a showpiece of their successful retail business.
During World War II, the building was repurposed by the Australian government to house US armed forces and for administration.
In 1997, the Grace Building re-opened as The Grace Hotel. During this time, it was beautifully restored to its former glory, making it one of Sydney’s most prominent historical landmarks and a fine example of Neo-Gothic architecture with contrasting Art Deco interior.
Located in the heart of Sydney, this heritage listed 382 room hotel offers a warm and personal service with the luxury of a 4 ½ star hotel exuding a unique blend of old-world charm with modern comfort to meet the needs of guests today.
Only a short stroll from the prime shopping, dining and entertainment districts, The Grace Hotel offers the best of both worlds – a unique history and character in the best location in Sydney.
The Grace Hotel’s unrivalled experience and high level of consistency in service and facilities offered to guests and customers has been recognised in twelve notable awards:
- Recipient of the 2016 Award for the 4-star rating in NABERS Energy Efficiency
- Recipient of the Highly Commended Awards of Tourism Accommodation Australia (NSW) Awards for Excellence 2015 – Sydney Superior Hotel of the Year
- Winner of the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Winner of 10 Year Sustainability Achievement Award in Sustainability Green Globe Awards 2011
- Recipient of The Highly Commended Award For The Australian Hotels Association (AHA) Awards For Excellence In The Best Superior Hotel Category for 2010, 2006, 2004 & 2001
- Winner of the AHA Award for Excellence in the category of Brasserie/Café of the Year 2009
- Finalist of the AHA Award for Excellence in the category of Best Superior Hotel 2009
- Finalist of Hotel Club Award in the category of Best Hotel in New South Wales 2009 & 2008
- Recipient of ATEC National Award for First Class Accommodation Excellence 2008
- Recipient of TripAdvisor 2008 Travellers’ Choice Award for Top 10 Luxury Hotels – South Pacific
- The National Winner of the 2006 Award for Excellence in providing First Class Accommodation and Services voted by the Australian Tourism Export Council
- Gold Winner of the 2001 Energy Smart Green Globe Award by the Sustainable Energy Development Authority of New South Wales.
What is Grace Hotel’s connection with Malaysia?
The Grace Hotel Sydney is part of the Federal Hotels International Group of Hotels. The group includes The Federal Hotel, Hotel Capital and Tribeca Serviced Suites in Kuala Lumpur, as well as the Grace Hotel in Sydney.
The Federal Hotel in Kuala Lumpur is more than a hotel. It is a piece of Malaysian history and heritage – the hotel for Merdeka.
It was Malaysia’s first international class hotel opening just three days before the nation’s declaration of independence to welcome all VIPs, foreign dignitaries and diplomats arriving in Kuala Lumpur to witness Malaya celebrate her independence on 31 August 1957 at Stadium Merdeka.
The Federal Hotel is proud to share a close and inter-connected history with the birth and growth of Malaysia.
From here the brand expanded and The Grace Hotel Sydney become part of the chain.
The Grace Hotel Sydney was built on the site of the original Sydney Opera house, and in the style of the US Chicago Tribune building.
Tell us about the dining experiences offered by The Grace Hotel
The Grace Hotel is privileged to have an array of options onsite:
- The Lobby Lounge – breakfast
- Mama Laksa House – lunch
- Daruma Japanese Restaurant – lunch and dinner
- Vapiano Sydney – lunch and dinner
- PJ O’Brien’s – lunch and dinner
Tell us about the business and meeting facilities available in The Grace Hotel
The Grace Hotel has 14 function rooms that offer charming Art Deco ambiance and an abundance of natural light, perfect for meetings (big or small), conferences, seminars and exclusive dining arrangements.
Event and conference facilities include:
- Flexibility to cater from 12 to 400 guests
- Full catering including dietary requirements
- Audiovisual facilities with an on-site technician (additional fees will apply)
- Wireless & broadband internet
- Wheelchair access
What is the most exciting event that The Grace Hotel has hosted?
Hosting the Melbourne Cup luncheon at The Grace Hotel has always been an exciting day.
Everyone dresses up for the occasion, the chef serves delicious dishes and there is a great atmosphere.
Why The Grace Hotel if you are visiting Sydney or would like to have a staycation?
The Grace Hotel offers modern charm with the newly renovated accommodation rooms.
The hotel is perfect for a staycation and has a range of packages to suit families, couples or friends wanting to get away.
The location is perfect being only minutes’ walk away from Pitt Street Mall, the Queen Victoria Building, Westfield Mall, Darling Harbour, Martin Place, Circular Quay and The Rocks.
- Location: The Grace Hotel, 77 York Street, Sydney 2000, Australia
- Telephone: (02) 9272 6888
- Website: www.gracehotel.com.au
Meet a Member