ASEAN Australia Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) Panel Discussion and Networking event
Monday, 17 June 2019 | 6.00-8.30pm
Dentons | Level 16, 77 Castlereagh Street, Sydney
AMBC NSW & ACT invite you to join the ASEAN Business Councils (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand) and Dentons for an informative panel discussion and networking evening that will focus on the impact, opportunities and challenges of Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) and Economic Partnership Agreements (EPAs) between Australia and the ASEAN region.
The aim for the evening is to help your business better understand and leverage these FTAs and EPAs to trade, invest and/or provide services to organisations whom operate in ASEAN member countries.
Key discussion topics for the evening include:
- Key features of FTAs and EPAs
- Negotiation and implementation challenges of FTAs and EPAs
- FTA and EPA forward plans
- Dealing with FTA and EPA related commercial disputes
- Application of existing FTAs and EPAs with other FTAs under negotiation such as the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP)
Implications of rising trade protectionism/disputes
Our panel consists of three (5) highly knowledgeable leaders in their field comprising:
- Caroline McCarthy, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Assistant Secretary, FTA Investment, Digital Trade & Other Issues Branch
- Ranitya Kusumadewi, Indonesian Ministry of Trade, Deputy Director, ASEAN Negotiations
- Chester Brown, University of Sydney, Professor of International Law and International Arbitration
- Sandra Seno-Alday, University of Sydney, Professor, Sydney Southeast Asia Centre
- Gary Dawes, NSW Business Chamber, Manager, International Business
Moderated by Lean Soh, Vice President of the Australia Malaysia Business Council and Project Officer with the NSW Department of Industry.
RSVP: Please click here to register for this event by 12 noon Friday, 14th June. Light refreshments will be served.